- 1tsp oil
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tin of kidney beans (tinned in water)
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn (tinned in water)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Mixed herbs (add to taste)
- Chilli powder (optional and to taste)
- 350-400g Wholewheat spaghetti
- Heat the oil and add the onion and garlic, cooking until soft and slightly browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and kidney beans and cook for a further 5 minutes before adding the sweetcorn, tomato puree and mixed herbs/chilli powder to taste. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile start cooking the whole-wheat spaghetti by following the instructions on the pack (adding to boiling water and cooking for around 10-15 minutes)
- Drain the pasta and dish it out, adding the sauce on top along with some basil leaves and a sprinkling of grated cheese.