This dish should make two servings of baby’s meal but this depends on their age and weaning stage.
150g mashed or minced cooked turkey
¼ onion chopped finely
1 small potato, peeled & chopped finely
¼ cup of cabbage
¼ small swede, peeled & chopped finely
1 tbsp sprouts, chopped
a dash of olive oil
(N.B. all vegetables can be swapped for any other vegetables such as sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli)
– Cook the onions in some olive oil until it is slightly brown
– Then add the potato, sprouts and swede and cook for a further 5 minutes before adding the cabbage.
– Cook on a low heat until all vegetables are soft.
– Use a fork to mash the cooked turkey and add it to the vegetable mixture.
– Blend or mash with some of baby’s usual milk the mixture to a desired texture (depending on your child’s weaning stage). Add more milk to make the mixture thinner or just a little milk to make the texture nice and thick.
Other Christmas Dinner Ideas-
Chicken and vegetable puree
1tbsp vegetable oil
1 large carrot
2 medium potatoes
1 small chicken breast
Wash, peel and chop the vegetables
Remove any skin from the chicken and chop it into medium sized pieces
Warm the oil in a pan and add the vegetables.
Cook, stirring for a few minutes the vegetables and then add the chicken.
Cook until the chicken is cooked through.
Add enough boiling water to cover the vegetables.
Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for around 15 minutes.
Puree the mixture until smooth – use extra boiled and then cooled water if needed for the right texture.
Lentil and vegetable puree
1 large carrot
¼ cup of red lentils
1 sweet potato
Wash, peel and chop the carrot and the sweet potato into small pieces
Wash the lentils in a sieve under cold running water
Place the lentils in a saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to the boil and cook for about 8 minutes.
Add the sweet potato and cook for a further 5-6 minutes and then add the carrot and cook for another 5-6 minutes or until all ingredients are soft
Puree until smooth and add in some of baby’s usual milk if needed
Sweet potato, spinach and pea puree
1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped
½ teacup full of peas
½ teacupful of spinach leaves, washed thoroughly
Place the sweet potato in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer for about 7 minutes until tender.
Add the peas and spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes drain well and then blend with baby’s normal milk.