Stir-frys are GREAT! They are such a simple, easy dish and also a great way to get multiple veggies into your diet as a ‘healthy’ meal option. On top of this they are simple to adapt for vegans, gluten-free and dairy-free diets. My latest recipe is this easy vegetarian stir-fry that can be flung together at the end of the day and also tastes wonderful!
So many people ask me for ideas for healthy, post-work recipes and stir-frys are always one of the top options. You can also make them your own, with your favourite veggies, sauces and flavours.
I put this recipe together for WholeEarth, who sent me some of their brand new Almond Butter and asked me to try and make some tasty recipes with it. My favourite was this stir-fry, which I shared with a few friends and family and it went down a treat.
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to do, prep and all, and if perfect for vegetarian and vegans.
½ a small packet of fresh noodles (optional: recipe also works well without the noodles)
1 small red pepper
½ a head of broccoli (or 150g)
60g baby corn
2 large handfuls of almonds
2 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tsp rapeseed oil
- Chop up the pepper, broccoli, baby corn and mushrooms into slices/strips
- Heat the oil in a large wok
- Add all the vegetables and the almonds to the pan once the oil is heated and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Stir constantly to avoid the ingredients sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the vegetables are a little soft and browned, add in the smooth almond butter & sweet chilli sauce and stir in well.
- Once mixed, remove the wok from the heat and serve straight away.
Please send me feedback on this recipe for an Easy Vegetarian Stir Fry, I would love to know what you think.
Disclaimer: WholeEarth sent me some products and asked me to come up with some recipes, but I received no other payment for this blog/recipe work.