Welcome to Nutrition News. This week in the Nutrition there is a variety of articles that range from food labelling to child nutrition. I hope you enjoy it!
This week, there was a couple of articles about detox tea:
- What detox teas are and how they work: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/what-controversial-celeb-endorsed-detox-teas-are-really-doing-to-your-body_uk_5bfd293de4b0771fb6bdf518?utm_hp_ref=uk-diet-and-fitness.
- Detox teas can be harmful to health: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46360134
Also, in the Nutrition News this week, there was a variety of articles related to children nutrition:
- In my blog this week I’m explaining how I add more nutrients to my son’s diet: https://www.srnutrition.co.uk/2018/11/getting-extra-nutrients-into-my-childs-diet-breakfast-edition
- Children that skip breakfast are at a higher risk to become overweight: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/children-more-likely-to-be-overweight-if-they-skip-breakfast-so-here-are-some-quick-and-healthy-ideas_uk_5bfd0d2be4b0771fb6bda0bb?utm_hp_ref=uk-health
- More boys are been treated for eating disorders than before: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/more-boys-are-being-treated-in-hospital-for-eating-disorders-than-ever-before_uk_5bf7da3ae4b0eb6d930d9443?utm_hp_ref=uk-health
- Children around the world are having too much sugar and not enough fruit and veg: https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2018/nov/29/diabolical-diets-four-in-10-children-consume-sugary-drinks-every-day
- The quality of school meals might be under threat: https://www.sustainweb.org/news/nov18_soil_assoc_report/
Find below a couple of articles about diets:
- There is a new finding on the low carb diet: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/2018/11/27/effects-of-varying-amounts-of-carbohydrate-on-metabolism-after-weight-loss/
- The intermittent diet shows to be no different from other diets: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/11/181126115842.htm
Some news on UK food labelling here:
- Kellogg’s is introducing traffic labelling on their cereal packaging: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46373342
- PepsiCo is thinking of implementing traffic light labelling: https://www.srnutrition.co.uk/2018/11/getting-extra-nutrients-into-my-childs-diet-breakfast-edition
- Public Health England recommends clearer labels for salt content: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/25/salt-kills-manufacturers-traffic-light-system-reduce
And as always, I’m finishing up with some interesting miscellaneous:
- Read here about new incentives to motivate people to do exercise: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46365083
- How much caffeine is safe to drink while pregnant: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/caffeine-in-pregnancy-how-much-tea-and-coffee-can-you-drink-while-youre-expecting_uk_5bf7c9cce4b03b230fa0864c?utm_hp_ref=uk-health
- Some people find it hard to shift their weight. Read here about it. Also, find out more about bariatric surgery: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-46310062
- This is an article about the best food options for athletes: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/28/well/move/the-best-foods-for-athletes.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fhealth&action=click&contentCollection=health®ion=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront
Thanks for reading Nutrition News! Have a great weekend and we hope to see you again next week.