Welcome to Nutrition News. This week in the Nutrition News there are a lot of articles about food indulgence during the Christmas period. Also, you can read below articles about diets, the relation of eating out and weight gain and much more!
This week, there was a couple of articles about diets:
- A new trendy diet on the way: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/pegan-diet-predicted-to-be-big-food-trend-of-2019-but-what-is-it_uk_5c0a5f37e4b04046345b1ba0?utm_hp_ref=uk-diet-and-fitness
- A GP writes about different diets here: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/nutrition/dr-michael-mosley-future-diets/
- And what it is known about diets and weight loss: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/10/health/diet-weight-loss.html
A study found out that eating in restaurants can be more caloric that eating takeaways:
- Eating out habit is related to increased risk of obesity: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/sit-down-restaurant-meals-unhealthier-than-fast-food-study-claims_uk_5c122ba9e4b0449012f6c646?utm_hp_ref=uk-health
- And an explanation on how energy-rich a meal in the restaurant can be: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46540132
Clearly, the festive season was the hot topic in the Nutrition News this week:
- Christmas is coming and so are the tips about avoiding weight gain during the festive season: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/how-to-avoid-festive-weight-gain-and-even-lose-weight-in-december_uk_5c0f7fd6e4b08bcb27ec1461?utm_hp_ref=uk-health
- Here is another article with tips to avoid overindulgence during the festive period: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/cookies-are-not-the-enemy-smarter-ways-of-thinking-about-food-during-the-holidays/2018/12/07/08a501e0-f8bf-11e8-863c-9e2f864d47e7_story.html?utm_term=.b6163d3e6bfe
- Another article about gaining weight during Christmas: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/body/weighing-christmas-terrible-idea/
- A little more about the festive indulgence period: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/body/navigate-december-health-minefield/
And as always, I’m finishing up with some interesting miscellaneous articles. I hope you enjoy it!
- This week in my blog I wrote about adding nutrients to children’s snacks: https://www.srnutrition.co.uk/2018/12/getting-extra-nutrients-into-my-childs-diet-snacks
- Here it is an article about the Novel food trend: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46460914
- An overview about following the government health guidelines: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/body/can-following-every-government-health-guideline-really-make/
- The risks of energy deficiency in athletes: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46469538
- The Association of UK Dieticians wrote here about energy drinks and children: https://www.bda.uk.com/blog/guest/is_time_ban_sale_energy_drinks_children_the_uk
Thanks for reading Nutrition News! Have a great weekend and we hope to see you again next week.