My potato and salmon tots are a real hit with Raffy & Ada. They are a great experimental finger food option for babies (but just as exciting for toddlers) and a good way to offer allergens such as fish, egg or cheese! More on introducing allergens here.
This recipe makes about 6 tots, but you could make a double batch and freeze, so you have them ready and waiting for you when you need convenience. Check out my blog on 10 freezable meals for more ideas.
Let’s get to it…
- 1 large jacket potato
- ¼ – ½ fillet of salmon
- 1 handful of broccoli
- 1 inch of courgette
- Sprinkle of chopped parsley
- Garlic granules
- 1 egg (optional)
- 10g cheese (optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 200 ºC
- Bake the potato for 1 hour and add the salmon for the last 20 minutes (wrapped in foil).
- Steam the broccoli and courgette 8 mins and then chop finely.
- Once the potato is cooked, scrape the potato insides out and mix all the ingredients together. It works fine without egg and cheese, as I’ve tried it both ways!
- Form into little tot shapes and bake on a lined baking tray for 25 minutes.
These tots are fab at mealtimes! Accompany them with other veggies and a dip such as my butterbean hummus, or serve them as a snack at home or on the go. You could also give different combinations of fish, herbs or veg a try.
I’d love to know if you give these a go!
I have lots more recipes like this in my brand new book, How To Wean Your Baby