I know you’re not meant to have favourites…but I think this Carrot and Sweetcorn Fritters recipe is my favourite fritter recipe to date!
I’ve created another couple of these recipes before, including a spinach version and a courgette fritter, because they are SO simple to make – simply blend and fry in a little oil and voila! They also freeze well and are easy to take out and about too.
This one is a little different as I’m not blending and am just mixing the ingredients so that there is plenty of texture left in. It might be better for an older baby who is a little more experienced with textures or a toddler.
This one is seriously REALLY tasty and I hope you’ll like it!
Ingredients (makes 5 medium fritters)
- 1 large carrot peeled and grated
- 1 large pinch of ginger
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 2 handfuls of frozen sweetcorn (I’m sure tinned will work too)
- 5 TBSP flour
- 1 egg
Method (makes 5 medium patties)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl except the oil and mix well.
- Once combined, squeeze some of the mixture into a little ball and then shape into patties in your hand.
- Add the shaped pattie to a pan with hot oil and cook for a minute or so on each side until hardened and slightly brown.
- Take out and serve with some yogurt, finger foods and a squeeze of lemon!
- Or freeze and defrost/reheat for another day.
Hope your little ones enjoy it and hope you enjoy another easy freezer recipe!
Don’t forget I have plenty more recipes like this that are fairly easy to put together and that make perfect BLW options as well as good options to stash away in your freezer for a rainy day or an emergency trip to the park!
For more like this, check out my 10 freezable baby led weaning recipes.