With this beautiful weather we have been getting (every now and then) it is a great idea to have some recipes for refreshing, yet healthy, snacks for those hot summer days.
Smoothies are a good choice to have every now and then as they are easy and cheap to prepare and can be full of goodness. Try this recipe below and let us know what you think?
- 2 handfuls of strawberries
- One large slice of watermelon
- 125mls of milk or plain yoghurt
- A few fresh mint leaves
- A teaspoon of plain yoghurt
- Wash the strawberries and take out the stems
- Remove pips from the watermelon and cut into chunks
- Pop the fruit into the blender and add the milk or yoghurt on top
- Blend all together until fully mixed
- Pour into a glass and add the mint leaves and extra yoghurt to the top
- To make the smoothie extra cold you can add some ice cubes into the blender with the fruit.