With this beautiful weather we have been getting, it is a great idea to have some recipes for refreshing, yet healthy, snacks for those hot summer days. I have tried this watermelon & strawberry smoothie recipe and it tastes wonderful!
Smoothies are a great choice to have every now and then as they are easy and cheap to prepare and can be full of goodness. This is also a perfect breakfast smoothie!
Try this recipe below and let us know what you think…
- 2 handfuls of strawberries
- One large slice of watermelon
- 125mls of milk or plain yoghurt
- A few fresh mint leaves
- A teaspoon of plain yoghurt
- Wash the strawberries and take out the stems
- Remove pips from the watermelon and cut into chunks
- Pop the fruit into the blender and add the milk or yoghurt on top
- Blend all together until fully mixed
- Pour into a glass and add the mint leaves and extra yoghurt to the top
(To make this watermelon & strawberry smoothie recipe extra cold you can add some ice cubes into the blender with the fruit.)