Towards the end of last year I did some work with Superdrug to create some healthy, warming recipes that were suitable for the whole family. One of my favourite options was this Chickpea and Spinach one pot recipe. This is such a delicious, quick and balanced option which includes plenty of flavours too. It can easily be offered to little ones mashed up or served to adults along with some ciabatta, pitta or brown rice as a super balanced meal.
Check out the Chickpea & Spinach One pot Recipe video I created for Superdrug on this and if you want the recipe you can also see that below. It takes about 10 minutes to make and roughly serves up to a family of four!
Chickpea and Spinach One Pot Recipe
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ a stock cube
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ a teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tin of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ½ a tin of sweetcorn
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 handful of fresh spinach
- You may need to add a little extra water to the pot too.
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper if you like your meals with a little kick
- 30g Goats cheese to sprinkle on the top
- A handful of coriander to dress
- Add the olive oil to a pan and slowly heat
- Add the stock cube, garlic, paprika and oregano and stir well for a few seconds on the heat
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir together well
- Bring the mixture to the boil with a lid on and then turn the heat to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the mixture thickens a little and the spinach has wilted (you might want to add a little water to the mixture if it does start to dry out or if you like it to be a little more watery).
- Serve with some brown rice or a wholemeal pitta bread.