As most of you will already know, Raffy LOVES a porridge recipe! Porridge is such an easy option and I’ve written before also about why I love OATS so much!
I also have so many ideas for porridge recipes for Raffy and I often write them down and then forget to test them out. One day, I’ll write a whole list of porridge ideas and recipes for you to try. If you haven’t tried it yet, give my Carrot Cake Porridge a go too!
However, something that seems to be popular, especially with Baby led Weaning parents, is porridge fingers. For this reason, I decided to make a recipe of my own! This recipe is SUPER simple and literally just involves 1 blender and one oven proof dish to make.
All the ingredients go into the same blender and that’s pretty much it!
Who doesn’t love a simple recipe?
This is also great for snacks for kids on the go too and they are fairly soft for even those babies without much in the way of teeth.
As with all my recipes, you can always swap ingredients and you might want to try making these with apricots, dates or dried bananas too!
So here goes, here is my Figgy Porridge Fingers Recipe:
- 60g dried figs
- 60g of oats
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil or butter
- 1 small splash of water (you might need a little more if the texture is too thick to blend)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and whizz until they are combined and make a slightly sticky oat mixture
- Grease a tin and press the ingredients in on top
- Pop in the oven on around 180 for around 20-30 mins or until browning on top!
- Let me know if you try these and also send me your own delicious porridge fingers recipes, I know there are lots out there!