I’m very pleased to share my latest recipe with you, which is an Overnight Oats Recipe and one that I have really benefitted from!
The importance of breakfast
Breakfast IS an important meal. And although many people I work with often say that they simply “aren’t breakfast people”, it often comes down to lack of time in the mornings where people don’t feel they have enough time to go about getting their breakfast ready. Employees who can have breakfast at work, or better yet are offered a free breakfast when they get in (!!) are very lucky and probably in the minority. Sometimes even the idea of heating up a bowl of porridge or waiting for the toast to brown is too much, and puts people off having breakfast. If you’re one of those people, I have the ideal, healthy breakfast recipe for you.
As I said before breakfast IS an important meal, mainly because – if you miss it, you’re likely to be missing out on a whole host of nutrients, especially fibre!!
Overnight Oats are a bit of a favourite of mine for breakfast. And this recipe is just so spot on because:
- It takes seconds, literally SECONDS, to make
- It contains a complete balance from the four main food groups
- It contains OATS which come packed with healthy protein, fats and fibre
- It’s filling
- It’s fairly cheap AND
- It’s delicious
What more could you want for breakfast?
Charlotte’s Overnight Oats Recipe:
- Between 30 and 60 grams (or a typical portion) of oats
- A handful of blueberries
- A handful of raisins
- A small handful of flaxseeds
- A large pinch of cinnamon
- Milk of your choice (if it’s a milk alternative, make sure it has calcium added). Use enough milk to cover the oats and then some as it will be soaked up by the oats overnight. You can always add more in the morning.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and put in the fridge
- Get it out in the morning, give it a little stir and eat
It’s that simple. AND it tastes really good.
Feel free to tweak the recipe adding in seasonal fruits instead or adding extra spices or seeds.
Check out more of my Healthy Breakfast Ideas…