I’ve been working with Superdrug as their Nutrition Ambassador for the last two years. I love the work I do with them, which is mainly around myth busting, quoting for the media and also developing recipes for their team.
As part of my work with them in 2018 I created three recipe videos:
Wholemeal Pitta Pizza snacks
Pitta pizzas are genuinely a favourite in my house, especially as they take about 10 minutes to make and can be really balanced. They also can be made into a light lunch or had as a snack. They are also great for kids too.
Mini Pitta Pizzas
To serve 4
- 4 wholemeal pittas
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons water
- Selection of pizza toppings e.g.
- Tuna, ham, sweetcorn, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, pineapple, olives, spinach leaves
- 100g cheese of choice – cheddar and mozzarella work well
- Turn on the grill
- Warm the pitas for 30 seconds or so in a toaster
- Mix the puree with water and stir well
- Spread the tomato puree mix on the warm pitta breads
- Select your toppings and spread them out on top of the tomato puree
- Add grated cheese to the top, spread it out and pop under the grill for 5 minutes or until they have browned a little and the cheese has melted